Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Baked Bars

Today was Baked Bars. Sweetened Condensed Milk goodness with the essence of butterscotch, white and milk chocolate chips. Mushing together the graham crumbs and coconut literally felt like in between your fingers(and under your fingernails, most annoying feeling ever). Never try to hold a 9 x 13 glass pan with one hand while trying to open the refrigerator door, the crust could tumble everywhere! luckily with my almost cat like reflexes saving the crust but with the consequence of cracks but that can easily be fixed. I exchanged the walnuts for almonds because i have packages and packages of sliced almonds in my kitchen. I love sweetened condensed milk, dont try to lick the can though, your tongues will not like that. My oven is a little more old school so it had to be in longer then in a normal one. But dont despair, the golden crusty look kinda says its done. The aroma OH! dont get me started on the aroma. Sugary delight fills your kitchen and is just a feeling of aaaaaa. waiting for it to cool down i will tell you on the tastey flavour on it tomorrow

JC

2 comments:

  1. I need to get this book!! Oh well I can write it off now!! I'm jealous though - you don't have two kids bugging you and a house to run so you can play!! :(

    ReplyDelete